Discover your Strengths.
Therapy is not only about reducing symptoms, it is about being fully present and engaged with life in the present moment. It is about developing a passion for a hobby, connecting with others in a genuine and authentic way, or putting efforts towards finding the love of your life. Its about realizing what you value and doing what it takes to reach your goals. This may mean making space for unpleasant emotions, if they arise while you are doing the things that are important to you.
Kindness, Empathy, Validation, and Compassion.
We believe that a warm, supportive, non-judgemental , and confidential atmosphere provides a safe place to discuss whatever is on your mind. We also value feedback. So please tell us what you think, whether its positive, negative or neutral, let us know!
A Personalized Treatment Plan.
We think individual differences are the spice of life. We tailor our treatment approach to each client so that they can get in touch with their values, and use these values as a guide to their behaviours. We are respectful of cultural and sexual differences.
We regularly attend continuing education activities to make sure that our treatments are based on cutting-edge research findings. We also know how to adapt scientifically-based interventions in a flexible manner to help you reach your goals.
Our mission is to help you work towards
- Identifying the thoughts, feelings, and behavioural patterns that have been getting you stuck in your current state of distress
- Cultivating awareness, self-compassion, and cognitive flexibility so that you can make conscious behavioural choices that are consistent with your values and the direction that you want your life to go in
Our therapeutic approach focuses on:
- Self-determination: Only you know what is best for you. We are here to accompany you on your journey and to offer insights from a different (not better!) viewpoint as you explore the paths available to you. You always have the final say on the decisions that you take in your life.
- Collaboration: Therapy is most effective when the therapist and client agree on the goals of therapy and the strategies needed to achieve these goals. Your feedback on all aspects of the therapy process is essential to helping us tailor our approach to best meet your needs. Please let us know how we can be most helpful.
- Honesty and genuineness: We believe that an honest, kind, and direct approach is most helpful. We will not silently scribble notes about you that we do not share, but will discuss our perceptions with you in a collaborative way that we believe will be most useful to you.
- Unconditional positive regard: We will always have respect for you, even if we disagree on things. You cannot “fail” therapy. Therapy is a collaborative activity between you and the therapist. Giving ongoing feedback is the best way to optimize the treatment’s effectiveness.
- Empathy: We recognize that therapy is can be a difficult and emotionally painful process. We know that self-examination takes courage and patience, and we make every effort to provide you with a safe, professional, and confidential environment from which to discuss sensitive issues.
- Flexibility: We recognize that everyone is unique and we do not use a “one-size fits all” approach to treatment. We personalize scientifically-supported treatment strategies to best meet your needs. Our treatments are based on theoretical models supported by the Order of Psychologists of Quebec, such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.