Do you need support or coping strategies to help you cope with a life transition?
- Have you experienced a major life transition such as a divorce or separation? Loss of a loved one? A pregnancy, wedding, or move to a new location?
- Are you transitioning from the role of child to teenager? From being a working member of society to being retired? from having kids your kids live at home with you to having an “empty nest”?
- Are you having trouble balancing the demands of life?
- Do you feel like there is never enough time in the day and you are not completing the many goals you have set for yourself?
- Do you feel overwhelmed or anxious about trying to meet your own or others’ expectations?
Life Transitions Counselling can help you:
- Find ways of balancing multiple priorities such as work and a personal life
- To prioritize, organize, and problem-solve tasks in order to feel less overwhelmed and more productive and in control
- To cope with transitioning into new life roles, e.g., being a parent, step-parent, divorcee, widow, student, boss, etc.
Why treatment is important?
Treatment can help you to cope with the changes you are experiencing in your life, to feel less overwhelmed, and more confident and secure in your new life role or a new environment. Counselling can help you to identify what is important to you, and how you can align your behaviours to meet the new challenges that you are facing in your life. You do not need to be in a crisis to benefit from counselling. Sometimes it only takes a couple of sessions to prevent stressors from turning into setbacks.