What is Sex Therapy?
Sex therapy focuses on helping people overcome a wide range of sexual difficulties, and can be part of individual therapy or couples therapy. Sex therapists have specialized training in the area of human sexuality and can teach you specific techniques for overcoming any obstacles to satisfying sex life. Due to their level of expertise and training, you might be surprised at your level of comfort when discussing sexual matters with them.
How do I know if I need Sex Therapy?
Here are some of the issues that sex therapy can help you with:
- Premature and/or delayed ejaculation
- Erectile dysfunction
- Vaginismus (vaginal pain, difficulty with penetration)
- Dyspareunia (difficult or painful sexual intercourse)
- Issues with sexual arousal and desire
- Issues with orgasm
- Sexual addiction/hypersexuality
- Sexual incompatibility or infidelity
- Emotional difficulties (intimacy, jealousy, communication skills, performance anxiety)
- Sexual identity or sexual orientation concerns
- Atypical sexuality (fetishes, exhibitionism, voyeurism)
How can Sex Therapy help me?
- Gain clarity on what causes, maintains, and alleviates the sexual problem
- Develop a more satisfying sex life
- Feel more secure about sexual needs, desires, and preferences
- Better communicate sexual needs and desires
- Re-ignite the passion in a relationship
- Overcome infidelity and rebuild trust
Why is Sex Therapy important?
Sexuality is a part of life. You don’t need to struggle alone with problems or have them cause a strain on your relationships. By seeking help, you are optimizing your chances for a satisfying love and sex life.
Learn about other Specialty Services
Addictions ADHD Adjustment Disorder Agoraphobia Alexithymia Anger Management Anger Management - Court Ordered Anorexia Nervosa Anticipatory Grief Anxiety Disorders Asexuality and Aromanticism Assertiveness Attachment Disorders Attachment in Adults Atypical Sexuality Autism Spectrum Disorder Bipolar Disorder Body Dysmorphic Disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Bulimia Nervosa Bullying and Cyberbullying Burnout Christian Counselling Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Chronic Pain Management Communication Skills Compulsive Lying Conduct Disorder Dependent Personality Disorder Depersonalization-Derealization Disorder Depression Dermatophagia Dissociative Fugue Dyspareunia Eating Disorders Emotion Dysregulation Emotionally-based Sexual Difficulties Enuresis or Bedwetting Erectile Dysfunction Fertility Issues Gambling Gender Identity Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) Grief & Loss Health Anxiety Healthy Boundaries Hoarding Illness in Adults Illness in Children and Teens Impostor Syndrome Insomnia and Parasomnia Intellectual Disabilities Interpersonal Relationships Leadership Learning Disorders LGBTQ+ Support Life Transitions Managerial Courage Mood Disorders Moral Injury Motivation Narcissistic Abuse Survivors Narcissistic Personality Disorder Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder OCD Oppositional Defiant Disorder Panic Attacks Parenting Skills Perfectionism Performance Anxiety Personal Growth Personality Disorders Phobias Postpartum Anxiety Postpartum Depression Pre-Marital Counselling Pregnancy and Motherhood Premature and Delayed Ejaculation Problem-Solving Skills Procrastination Psychosis Psychosocial Oncology PTSD Racism and Discrimination Re-Kindle Love Refugee and Immigration Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) Selective Mutism Self-Esteem Self-Sabotage Separation or Divorce Sexual Addiction Sexual Concerns Sleep Disorders Social Anxiety Stress Management Surviving Abuse Time Management and Organization Tinnitus Tourette Syndrome Transgender Vaginismus Video Game Addiction Work Concerns