Psychologists and therapists offering this service
What is Refugee and Immigration Support?
Moving to a new country such as Canada can come with many challenges. You may have fled your country of origin for reasons of safety or to pursue a “better life”, yet still miss things from back home. Settling into a new way of life can be overwhelming, lonely, or stressful. You don’t have to go through it alone.
Therapy can help you to:
- Have a safe place to speak about why you left your country of origin, and to process any grief about what you left behind in the immigration process
- Overcome trauma related to your reasons for leaving such as fear of violence, persecution, or discrimination based on religion, gender, or sexuality
- Adjust to a new environment or cope with culture shock, as new customs may seem confusing or upsetting to you
- Discuss cultural issues and differences, so that you can navigate in a new land
- Cope with racism or discrimination that you may face
- Manage the anxiety or uncertainty of your immigration status
Learn about other Specialty Services
Do you think a loved one could benefit from reading this?
Click the box below to copy the URL and share it using your favorite method (Email, Facebook Messenger, SMS, etc).