Do you want to strengthen your leadership skills?
- Do you wonder if you have what it takes to be a leader?
- Is leadership one of your personal or professional aspirations, but you wonder where to start?
- Do you feel you could demonstrate stronger professionalism and personal leadership in what you are doing right now?
- Are you in a leadership role because of your professional expertise but struggling with the “people side” of your role?
- Do you find particular kinds of colleagues or team members hard to manage?
- Would you like to work on the “team atmosphere” to create a climate that encourages your team to do their best work?
Enhancing your leadership skills can help you to:
- Clarify whether you want to pursue a leadership role
- Identify a path of progression towards the leadership role you aspire to
- Understand your leadership style along with potential strengths and weaknesses
- Develop strategies to manage different kinds of employees, helping them and you to flourish in the process
- Create a team atmosphere that is healthy for you and your team, improving well-being and productivity
- Develop a more effective leadership style
- Improve interpersonal or communication skills
- Find work/life balance
- Expedite priority setting and time management
- Enhance presentation and networking skills
- Deal with conflict and learn conflict-management skills
- Strengthen self-confidence, assertiveness, and well-being
Why are leadership skills important?
Being in a leadership role comes with responsibility. When we feel pushed into a leadership role without the skills and support required, it can erode our existing skill-set and our confidence as a leader. By developing personal insights and strategies for effective leadership, we can learn to feel more competent and at ease in the leadership position, helping ourselves and colleagues to thrive.
Learn about other Specialty Services
Addictions ADHD Adjustment Disorder Agoraphobia Alexithymia Anger Management Anger Management - Court Ordered Anorexia Nervosa Anticipatory Grief Anxiety Disorders Asexuality and Aromanticism Assertiveness Attachment Disorders Attachment in Adults Atypical Sexuality Autism Spectrum Disorder Bipolar Disorder Body Dysmorphic Disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Bulimia Nervosa Bullying and Cyberbullying Burnout Christian Counselling Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Chronic Pain Management Communication Skills Compulsive Lying Conduct Disorder Dependent Personality Disorder Depersonalization-Derealization Disorder Depression Dermatophagia Dissociative Fugue Dyspareunia Eating Disorders Emotion Dysregulation Emotionally-based Sexual Difficulties Enuresis or Bedwetting Erectile Dysfunction Fertility Issues Gambling Gender Identity Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) Grief & Loss Health Anxiety Healthy Boundaries Hoarding Illness in Adults Illness in Children and Teens Impostor Syndrome Insomnia and Parasomnia Intellectual Disabilities Interpersonal Relationships Leadership Learning Disorders LGBTQ+ Support Life Transitions Managerial Courage Mood Disorders Moral Injury Motivation Narcissistic Abuse Survivors Narcissistic Personality Disorder Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder OCD Oppositional Defiant Disorder Panic Attacks Parenting Skills Perfectionism Performance Anxiety Personal Growth Personality Disorders Phobias Postpartum Anxiety Postpartum Depression Pre-Marital Counselling Pregnancy and Motherhood Premature and Delayed Ejaculation Problem-Solving Skills Procrastination Psychosis Psychosocial Oncology PTSD Racism and Discrimination Re-Kindle Love Refugee and Immigration Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) Selective Mutism Self-Esteem Self-Sabotage Separation or Divorce Sexual Addiction Sexual Concerns Sleep Disorders Social Anxiety Stress Management Surviving Abuse Time Management and Organization Tinnitus Tourette Syndrome Transgender Vaginismus Video Game Addiction Work Concerns