Psychologists and therapists offering this service
- Ms Daniela Beer-Becker, MA
- Dr Andrée-Anne Légaré, PhD
- Dr Emily Blake, PhD
- Dr Kierla Ireland, PhD
- Dr Matthew Clyde, PhD
- Dr Michel Tany, PhD
- Dr. Melissa Callaci, PhD
- Ms Elena Orincakova, MA
- Ms Erica Cervin, MSc
- Ms Gila Foomani, PsyDc
- Ms Jeannette Dia, MA
- Ms Joanna Rosciszewska, PhDc
- Ms Jodie Thompson, MSc
- Ms Julieta Aguilera, PhDc
- Dr Melissa Simard, PhD
- Ms Rebecca Lalonde, M. Ed.
- Ms Saliha Ait Hassen, MA
- Dr. Valérie English, PsyD
Are you going through a challenging life transition?
Sometimes changes, even “small” ones or ones that are “supposed” to be positive, can be stressful. Even superheros have their limits! There’s no shame in asking for help when times are tough. In fact, it takes courage to ask for help, especially for those who are used to doing it all.
How to know if you could benefit from counselling? Ask yourself…
- Have you experienced a major life event, such as a divorce or separation? Loss of a loved one? A pregnancy, wedding, or move to a new location?
- Are you transitioning from the role of child to teenager? From being a working member of society to being retired? From having your kids live at home with you to having an “empty nest”?
- Are you having trouble balancing the demands of life?
- Do you feel like there is never enough time in the day and you are not completing the things you want to achieve?
- Are you feeling overwhelmed or anxious about trying to meet your own or other’s expectations?
Counselling for Life Transitions can help you to:
- Find ways of balancing multiple priorities such as work and a personal life
- Prioritize, organize, and problem-solve tasks in order to feel less overwhelmed and more productive and in control
- Cope with transitioning into new life roles, e.g., being a parent, step-parent, divorcee, widow, student, boss, etc.
Why counselling is important now
Counselling can help you to cope with the changes that you’re experiencing in your life, to feel less overwhelmed, and more confident and secure in your new life role or a new environment. Counselling can help you to identify what is truly important to you, and how you can align your behaviours to meet the new challenges that you are facing in your life. You do not need to be in a crisis to benefit from counselling. Sometimes it only takes a couple of sessions to prevent stressors from turning into setbacks.
Learn about other Specialty Services
Do you think a loved one could benefit from reading this?
Click the box below to copy the URL and share it using your favorite method (Email, Facebook Messenger, SMS, etc).