Are you coping with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)?
- Have you experienced or had to deal with an extremely traumatic event that included actual or threatened death, or serious injury to yourself or someone else?
- During the trauma, did you feel intense feelings of fear, helplessness, or horror?
- Have you been re-experiencing the event in the form of nightmares, flashbacks, or intense physical reactions?
- Do you avoid things that remind you of the event, or have you felt numb since the event?
- Have you experienced increased arousal since the trauma (e.g., trouble sleeping, irritability or anger, trouble concentrating, hypervigilance, exaggerated startle response)
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Treatment can help you to:
- Work through the traumatic experience, in a safe and supportive environment
- Overcome difficult feelings such as grief, guilt, anxiety, or anger
- Find ways to relax, take care of yourself, and move forward
- Feel less upset when re-engaging in life, even in the presence of things that remind you of the trauma
- Come to terms with the trauma you suffered and create new meanings out of that experience
Why is Post Traumatic Stress Disorder treatment important?
Experiencing a traumatic event can be bad enough, not to mention coping with all the aftermath.
Sometimes people feel guilty for surviving a traumatic event when others did not, or they experience intense levels of anxiety, irritability, and avoidance that leads to other problems such as difficulties in their interpersonal relationships, marital conflict, or loss of employment.
Therapy is important so that you can stop suffering, move past the trauma, and regain control over your life – you deserve it.
Learn about other Specialty Services
Addictions ADHD Adjustment Disorder Agoraphobia Alexithymia Anger Management Anger Management - Court Ordered Anorexia Nervosa Anticipatory Grief Anxiety Disorders Asexuality and Aromanticism Assertiveness Attachment Disorders Attachment in Adults Atypical Sexuality Autism Spectrum Disorder Bipolar Disorder Body Dysmorphic Disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Bulimia Nervosa Bullying and Cyberbullying Burnout Christian Counselling Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Chronic Pain Management Communication Skills Compulsive Lying Conduct Disorder Dependent Personality Disorder Depersonalization-Derealization Disorder Depression Dermatophagia Dissociative Fugue Dyspareunia Eating Disorders Emotion Dysregulation Emotionally-based Sexual Difficulties Enuresis or Bedwetting Erectile Dysfunction Fertility Issues Gambling Gender Identity Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) Grief & Loss Health Anxiety Healthy Boundaries Hoarding Illness in Adults Illness in Children and Teens Impostor Syndrome Insomnia and Parasomnia Intellectual Disabilities Interpersonal Relationships Leadership Learning Disorders LGBTQ+ Support Life Transitions Managerial Courage Mood Disorders Moral Injury Motivation Narcissistic Abuse Survivors Narcissistic Personality Disorder Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder OCD Oppositional Defiant Disorder Panic Attacks Parenting Skills Perfectionism Performance Anxiety Personal Growth Personality Disorders Phobias Postpartum Anxiety Postpartum Depression Pre-Marital Counselling Pregnancy and Motherhood Premature and Delayed Ejaculation Problem-Solving Skills Procrastination Psychosis Psychosocial Oncology PTSD Racism and Discrimination Re-Kindle Love Refugee and Immigration Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) Selective Mutism Self-Esteem Self-Sabotage Separation or Divorce Sexual Addiction Sexual Concerns Sleep Disorders Social Anxiety Stress Management Surviving Abuse Time Management and Organization Tinnitus Tourette Syndrome Transgender Vaginismus Video Game Addiction Work Concerns