We are seeking a highly motivated and compassionate Child Psychologist to join our team in Montreal, Canada. The successful candidate will provide essential psychological services to children and their families, helping them to overcome emotional and behavioural challenges and achieve their full potential.
- Provide individual and family therapy to children with a wide range of emotional and behavioural problems, such as anxiety, depression, ADHD, and learning difficulties
- Utilize evidence-based treatment modalities, such as cognitive-behavioural therapy, play therapy, and family systems therapy, to help children and their families overcome emotional and behavioural challenges
- Collaborate with other healthcare professionals, such as pediatricians, teachers, and social workers, to provide comprehensive care for children and families, when needed
- Keep detailed records of each child’s progress and make adjustments to treatment plans as necessary to ensure the best possible outcome for the child and their family
- Provide support and guidance to parents and caregivers to help them understand and manage their child’s condition. This may include providing education on child development and behaviour management techniques, as well as offering emotional support and coping strategies for parents and caregivers.
- Participate in ongoing professional development and continuing education to stay current with the latest research and best practices in the field of child psychology
- Participate in team meetings and supervision with other professionals in order to provide continuity of care and ensure best practices, when needed
- Follow ethical guidelines and maintain patient confidentiality at all times
Skills & Qualifications:
- A Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Clinical or Counseling Psychology from an accredited program. The candidate must have completed an accredited program that meets the standards of the Canadian Psychological Association (CPA) or the Ordre des psychologues du Québec (OPQ)
- A valid license to practice psychology in Quebec. The candidate must be registered with the OPQ and be in good standing with the organization
- At least 3 years of experience working with children and families in a therapeutic setting.
- Strong knowledge of child development and evidence-based treatment modalities for children. The candidate should have a good understanding of the common emotional and behavioural problems that children face and be familiar with a variety of effective treatment approaches.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills. The candidate should be able to establish a good rapport with children and families and be able to communicate clearly and effectively with other healthcare professionals.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills. The candidate should be able to manage a busy caseload and keep detailed records of each child’s progress.
- Bilingualism in French and English is a plus
- Understanding and experience in cultural sensitivity, diversity, and inclusivity
Benefits of Working at Blake Psychology:
Join our ever-growing team! We support the running of your private practice so that you can focus on your clinical work. Below are some of the benefits we offer.
Our competitive benefits package includes medical, paramedical, dental, and vision coverage for team members and their families. Travel and life insurance too.
Save towards your retirement via an affordable and easy-to-understand investment option.
We offer free group supervision, reimbursement for training, and an active internal discussion group, so that you can easily meet your OPQ requirements and get help when you need it.
Our friendly team has a family vibe. We build on strengths, collaborate on passion projects, and give hugs upon request. We value mental health and do everything to optimize yours.
Bye bye Admin Work!
Dedicate yourself to helping clients, while we take care of the rest.
Work / Life Balance
We offer flexible schedules so that you can take time off whenever you need to, no questions asked. You also get paid vacations and statutory holidays.
Beautiful Office Space
Whether you work in one of our offices, or from the comfort of your own home, our IT and support staff will make sure you have what you need to create an optimal work environment.
Our competitive compensation model lets you optimize working at the pace you like and always receive your fair share.
We have digital templates for nearly everything, making your notetaking done in a snap. No paper required. Work from anywhere.